It’s been a while since I’ve been on the forum here, but I’m really excited to finally announce that our latest update, EmberGen 0.7.5 is finally out. This has been over a year in the making and with a huge amount of game studios using EmberGen now, seems like a no brainer to let you guys know.
We also put together an incredible trailer to kick this all off.
Here’s a condensed version of whats new:
- A completely redesigned UI
- A brand new renderer
- Animated FBX and Alembic support
- Animated camera support via FBX
- Backplate support
- Colored backgrounds for flipbook and image sequence exports to prevent dark edges
- Curve editor for the timeline
- The ability to modify data via modulations in the volume node
- Search bars throughout the UI
- New user preferences for camera control + pen and tablet support
- And far more than I can list here!
You can learn more about EmberGen and get it here: https://jangafx.com/software/embergen/
We actually created a really nice section on this page specific to games and we showcase some amazing work from Tuatara Games and Neon Giant.
We’re putting a lot of work into EmberGen and will continue to do so. Thank you to everyone who has used our tools and believed in our work. We’re really trying to set a new standard for how quick and easy tools for game development should be.