Driving Particles with Materials UE5

Hello everyone, i’m currently working on a “magically appearing stairway” ,
At the moment i have a point in my scene which i can animate it’s location, which then attracts the particles around.
But it’s only one spot on the entire mesh i want to make appear, i would like something a bit more specific to the shape of the stairs.
I’ve been duplicating the mesh and made a gradient mark on it which i can drive up and down the stairs (as seen on the picture).
I see on tutorials how to make appear particles from a specific part of a texture, but not attract them
towards a specific part of a Mesh with the help of a Material Instance
Any help would be very much appreciated, i’m a bit out of ideas here, please if this is not clear i’d be glad to explain in details
ThankYou !

if you need to drive a mesh particle to this specific shape I think it’d be best to map a stairway mesh to your spline mesh and then animate each individual stair, or clump of stairs with pivot painter. then u can sweep your gradient and have the stair pieces slowly move to their original point (and probably shrink from 0,0,0 to 1,1,1 with some more World Position Offset Animation). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKiLpX6OvAI