Davide' VFX Sketchbook Valorant Fan Art - Phoenix Q

Hi everyone, I’m happy to share this fan art inspired by the effects in Valorant. It specifically references Phoenix’s Q
“flash” ability. I created all the assets and animated the flaming flipbook playing around the sphere.
I’m really happy with the result, and I can’t wait to work on the next VFX!
valorant_vfx_gif

animation_fire

full breakdown : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/m8BYby

3 Likes

I couldn’t do it better than you but there is one thing I would change. Either interpolate the flipbook so it looks smoother, framerate wise, than it is OR step the time inside the shader so it looks closer to the fps of the flipbook.

2 Likes

This looks fantastic! :star2:

1 Like

This looks awesome man, really great job! I’m new to Vfx so I’d like to ask, how do you go about making a flipbook such as this? Is this the kind of thing you would make in designer or something else?

Keep up the great work!

I’m not the author but you can either draw the whole flipbook or just draw 1 frame and alpha dissolve it.

1 Like

Cheers for this! More just looking for resources on how to make flipbooks tbh. Wondering whether hand drawing or generating in designer is what is done? Thanks man!

hi, thanks, in this case I drew the flipbook by hand frame by frame with harmony!