David Laurin - TGT Competition WIP

First time posting here. Here’s what I got so far for the contest. The way I work is I create a loop that looks good and then move on to timing and such. I need to work on the shader that will be on the cube and maybe make that space energy fx move and wiggle more. From then I’ll figure out how I wanna do the rest.

4 Likes

Nice man! I like the little popping blocks. Feels satisfying. Also, welcome :yum:. Looking forward to see where you go with this next!

2 Likes

I can hear them popping like little popcorns, neat!

How is your approach for those trails? How are they able to pinpoint a specific location?

I think you should use a dark background and not the skybox for future showcasing, more presentation value

Looking forward to more progress!

2 Likes

Hey there Chris. I had to get a plugin called Particle Attractor for this to work. It’s free on the asset store. It’s basically a bunch of scripts that you can plug into your particle system to have the particles change their velocity towards a target.

2 Likes

Didn’t have much time to work on it in the last week, but I did manage to make some progress. The orange trails are really bugged. I’ll look into a way to make them more smooth.

2 Likes

That blue cloud is a really nice touch, looks like a interdimensional portal just opened :grin:
I dig the “digital” aesthetic of this one, perhaps try something similar with the trails?
Nice entry Dave, keep at it

1 Like

Hey thanks Rah!

I might try what you suggested because I’m not really satisfied with the way the trails are right now. They look janky. I’ll update something soon.

1 Like

I won’t be finishing this on time. I’m gonna learn some scripting to make it look exactly like what I had in mind from the start. I’d rather learn something new out of this rather than just limit myself to my current knowledge.

1 Like

I’d say, send it in unfinished. Doesn’t hurt to do that, and you might get some extra feedback :smiley:

2 Likes