New iteration time! I changed the background to be darker, as I wanted to incorporate two themes for teleporting out and teleporting in. Just to give some idea of a story.
I also used Niagara for some mesh sampling particles, using different Sampling Regions to match the colors of the particles to the character model. The particles are used to make it look like the character is being sort-of ripped apart. Finally, I added some smoke done with the NinjaFluid plugin, that was pretty quick and painless. Very useful plugin!
As a last step there are some minor timing issues I’d like to work out and I have some ideas for how the “save the runes” that I was working with. I generally felt like they were too erratic and noisy, but I might be able to fix that by simplifying them a bit, maybe making them a bit slower (might impact the overall feel too much though).
Special thanks to the Paragon team for providing the ground textures, the characters and the animations for free on the marketplace. It’s awesome to always have these at hand!