Creating a new 3D content department

Hi there! I’m pretty new to the 3D industry. My background is a senior video editor. We’re looking to expand our team to produce 3D content. I have a few questions and we are looking for mid-level 3D artists. Would love to hear from an expert to pick their brain.

1. How long does it take to create a 3D model of home appliance product with all the details and function to open and close? (refrigerator, dishwasher, etc)

2. What program do you recommend for product 3D model creation. I heard CAD is recommended for accuracy and detailed measurements.

3. How long does it take to create a virtual kitchen space and animate camera motion and appliance function?

4. How many people should we hire to be able to fully create an animated virtual kitchen space efficiently and with quick turn around without burning the midnight oil?

5. Any 3D artists interested in working in the advertisement for home electronics and home appliance at a competitive salary rate + benefits? Our office is located in 111 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey. We are also interested in expanding this team to integrate Unreal Engine 5. IF there are anyone who knows how to use this program and willing to learn this program, please let me know!

if the products already exist you could use 3d scanning or photogrammetry rather than traditional modeling.

Hey,

This forum is probably not the best place to get answers about 3d modeling of home appliances.

Real-time vfx is often confused with movie vfx. While the latter includes hard-surface modeling, character sculpting, rigging, texturing, animating and composing, we deal almost exclusively with particle systems and the things closest to them.

There might be someone here who also happens to also know something about modeling washing machines, but you’ll have more luck with places dedicated to environment art.

Good luck!

2 Likes

We have an arctec 3D scanner, would that work? Also, if we scan it, is there an additional process to add details in the inside and ability to open/close doors on hinges?

@kuba_kuleszewicz, thank you for the suggestion. Yeah this is all new territory for me. I just google searched 3D forum and this was listed in the top 3 forums. Would you happen to know any 3D modeling specific forums? If not, no worries, I can try searching for it.

Polycount would be a good place to start. If you can’t find what you’re looking for there, I’m almost certain you could find people with more experience in this area who could point you to the right place

Thank you! I’ll start my journey there!

1 Like