Blaster : Sketch #22

Hi, Im Lin ,new to the RT-VFX community.I feel like it took me too long to find-out about this amazing VFX community.And so Im not going to slip the chance of participating in my first Monthly challenge.
And so I Choose You - Gun Muzzle Flash

Here is my concepts for 7 variations.
Pretty basic but could be worked upon ,given I have got the time to complete these.
Hope to learn a lot as-well with these challenges.

And here are the Unity Renders for the concepts:

1)VectorFlash

2)HemiFlash

3)BitBlast

4)PixelFlash

5)ShockwaveFlash

6)ConVect Flash

7)BlobbyFlash

Final Submission - Blobby Flash:

WIP steps for the Blobby Flash

started the blobby flash Fx with conventional approach of using just a quad mesh for the Flash at the gun muzzle and billboard images for the middle trail and little droplets.

The Blobby Fx was made with the spritesheet animation
and a 3-frame animation for the droplet movement in the middle trail(which is looped).

And so to give volume for the middle trail drops, I made a droplet mesh .Unity_g5rsSRQtsl
And added sub-particles for the Big droplet trail ,which also uses the same mesh.

Since the Blobby texture for the muzzle was a basic rough texture,thought of reworking on the spritesheet animation.

And then adding Bevel and Emboss gave it a bit more depth.
And so the Final Version:

Hope you guys like it.

1 Like

Hey man , good start ! Are you gonna take it to the game-engine ?)

Thanks, and sure here is my first update

VectorFlash_Update01

Muzzle flash in Auto and Semi-Auto fire-modes.Its the same particle effects but with more continuous burst emission for the former.

3 Likes

Update on MuzzleFlashes
Below are the In-Engine renders of 3 concepts of Gun Muzzle flashes.

VectorFlash

HemiFlash

BitBlast

2 Likes

Update on 4th concept

4)PixelFlash

3 Likes

Managed to Finish Up all concepts for the challenge before the end of month.
These are basic Muzzle Flash techniques , of using a quad plane for the flash at gun muzzle and another quad or a cylinder for the mid-trail.And majority of these concepts uses spritesheet animations.

Here are the rest of the MuzzleFlashes:

5)Shockwave Flash

6)ConVect Flash

7)BlobbyFlash

5 Likes