Being a Tech Art Detective

I talk about my methods of discovering cool game art tricks (which I then document on my blog) by asking around, doing reseach, using mod tools and injecting into the rendering process with Intel GPA, RenderDoc or NVIDIA NSight. I hope that it helps you on your journey to learn from the best and of course - WE DON’T STEAL! - these methods/tools are there for learning only!

13 Likes

The Graphic Studies compilation is a wonderful repository, Thanks for sharing with us :smile:. I looked through the Diablo 4 documentation on the website you shared, specifically under the topic ‘particle billboards’ and it is amazing to know how they make their seamless textures, meshes and Masks.

I wanted to know is there any “VFX only” frame debug. There is a lot of games effects I would like to see through and obvious reason is I cannot have them all in my pc because of limited space, limited Read/write speed and also games are paid. Thank you in advance for your response!

1 Like

Glad you like it! I didn’t read the D4 article yet, but for anyone who is interested: Behind the Pretty Frames: Diablo IV

I don’t think that there is any “vfx only”-debug except if the studios present it in form of a talk/breakdown.

1 Like

if it was there you would have already shared it :joy: