Check out the posting in the JOBS tab!
Armature is looking to hire a mid-level to senior contract VFX Artist to design, optimize and implement amazing visual effects for our games. The VFX Artist will work closely with the game designers, engineers and other artists to create visual excitement in our games, to enhance the player experience. This is a 6 month temporary contract position.
If interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and link to your portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is open to Remote / Work from candidates home within the US.
- Creation of real time particle systems and shaders, and texture creation for them.
- Modeling of objects needed for effects.
- Work closely with project vision holder and producer to maintain studio’s visual standards and meet publishing schedules.
- Predicting and managing asset file size and performance issues, and optimizing assets accordingly.
- Contribute to R&D by exploring new techniques, tools and best practices.
- Act proactively, self managing your time and seeking out tasks that remain undone.
- Minimum 3 years in the game industry as a VFX Artist, with at least 1 published game.
- Experienced in Maya, UE4 and Blueprints.
- Demonstrable knowledge of compositing.
- Able to self-organize own time and work relative to project deadlines. Able to estimate time a task would take.
- Solid understanding of Photoshop, Houdini, After Effects, among other VFX tools.
- Passion for games, with an interest in VR.
- Animation experience – an understanding of movement within particle effects.
- Scripting in Python and Mel a plus.
- Previous experience with 3D mobile game development
- Previous experience with VR game development
- Creating particle shaders in HLSL/CG code
- Experience with UE4