Alice Duarte: Sketch #57

Final Submission

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (3)

Hello!! I’m a junior VFX Artist looking for improve my skills :smiley: This is my first time participating in this event. Let’s do cool stuff!!

4 Likes

I’ve just imported the animation and my RBD simulation in to the scene, I’m using Unity and Houdini until now. Next step is gather some references for the trail and impact :smiley:
ezgif.com-video-to-gif

2 Likes

I’m starting with the trail shader, and makig some tests with shapes. I’m aiming in a Dark magic/Arcane power. I’m using a mesh that I did in Blender using Curves

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1)
I’m pretty happy with the trail, now I will move on to the impact. Also I added a little distortion to give it more impact. I will deal with better sync later

1 Like

Just thought it would be cool reuse the slash material with a spiral mesh in the sword

2 Likes

Added the impacts, I think it’s missing some smoke/dust, so let’s do it! :smile:
ezgif.com-video-to-gif (2)

1 Like

Here is my final submission, I added some smoke, and an impact screen that changes the color of the scene, wich I used just a plane with a shader in front of the camera :crazy_face:

I had a lot fun and learned some techniques too!

6 Likes

This looks so cool! I loved how the purple frame gives more impact to the effect

1 Like

Hey thanks! I loved your submission too! looks pretty fluid, congrats :smiley:

1 Like

Nice work!! Loving the impact :smile:

1 Like