Alex Fedorov: Sketch #33

I’m smacking myself for forgetting to add the animation BP to the cloth BP… it’s all working now, very cool Alex! Gonna’ mess about with this now, there’s a lot of interesting techniques here.

1 Like

This is really cool idea! I really need to make something with this technique. Have you had any problems with stuttering or any inconsistencies while teleporting the motion?

1 Like

Thank you! =)
No I haven’t.
If you talk about Niagara simulation everything works fine without any problem.
If about bone physics movement there were no problems either. There are some things to consider like gimbal lock when orienting meshes. But the rest is fine. Even when I experimented with actual cloth simulation on a planes it was behaving ugly but somewhat as expected =D

1 Like

Great to hear that! Really cool, good job! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is awesome info! Thank you so much for sharing it!

1 Like

Hey Alex, another question: How did you get the result of the skeletal mesh ‘waving’ like that in the editor when you move it back and forth? Currently when I grab that bone and move it, the whole mesh just translates back and forth, instead of being affected by the Trail Bone. In attempting to do other stuff with it I’m wondering if my setup for the skelmesh isn’t quite right. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

To record it in editor I have added a Transform Bone in animation blueprint before the Trail node. Transform node is set to transform the root bone. So I can grab it in animation blueprint and drag around =)

You also can just simulate in editor and drag your object for testing.

2 Likes