Introduce Yourself! A little about yourselves

Heyho,

I am Anton and working currently at Ubisoft Blue Byte in Germany for now 2 years. Before I´ve studied in Berlin at the Games Academy and focused there for VFX by myself.

Mostly worked there with Unity, Unreal and learned a lot from the Facebook Group and many different People from there, like the closed ImbueFX site, Gnomon Workshop, and so many other People.

Now I shipped my first Game last week, how I was the main VFX guy and made mostly every VFX Stuff of this and now looking forward to the next Projects.

I´m really happy about this site, excited for much cool VFX stuff, knowledge transfer and to meet many VFX guys.

7 Likes

Hello everyone!

I am Randell Trulson, founder of Neuron Games. As such I have been doing the art for our games for many years. This has spawned a ton of freelance 3D Modeling jobs along the way. Originally I am CS major and a software engineer, but I found that I wasn’t bad at art either. In truth, I like doing the art side of things far more than development :smiley: Feel free to check out some of my stuff.
Artstation Portfolio
Or you can follow me on twitter @RandellTrulson
and facebook Facebook

R

6 Likes

Hey all, I’m Jason. I’m still only a student, just started my junior year at Ringling College of Art and Design. I was a VFX intern at Riot games over the summer that solidified how much I want to do VFX, while learning from some really awesomely talented artist. Really stoked to see how this forum grows.

7 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is David Hall, I’m an FX Artist for League of Legends here at Riot Games. So excited to see a thriving VFX community begin to flourish! We’ve been scattered like the wind for so long. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for the future! :smiley:

Cheers!

8 Likes

Greetz. I am James Wright, a cinematic artist at Blizzard Animation. I did a bunch of real time in game cinematic fx for StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. I split my time between multiple disciplines and teams depending on projects. Most of the time I’m doing 2.5D Hearthstone cinematics. I went to Gnomon too, sup Adad!

I have a website but most of my stuff you can see on my linkedin which is easier to keep updated. https://www.linkedin.com/in/wrightfx

8 Likes

Hey Everybody!

My name is Luiz Kruel and I’m a Sr Technical Artist at SideFX. My main job is to write tools to make it easier for game developers to get their awesome stuff out of Houdini and into game engines.

Before that I was at EA Tiburon (shaders for Madden/NCAA/etc), SoE (rigging and general TA stuff for DCUO with @Mackin ), Avalanche Studios (lead TA for the first half of Just Cause3) and Certain Affinity (general TA stuff and some Houdini on Halo: MCC, Doom and the upcoming MW remaster) .

Looking forward to learning a lot from everybody here!

8 Likes

Hey bud! glad you’re kicking ass over there!

1 Like

Hey Weili!!! So glad that you are here, you are the best!

1 Like

Hiya Jeff! Welcome Dude!

1 Like

Heyoo, my name is Kelvin and I’ve worked on some indie games and vr experiences! I’ve been doing FX for about 3 years now but it hasn’t been solely concentrated. I did a lot of 3D work during the time also because all the small studios needed the help.

I’m really glad this community is here and I just want to be surrounded by people who love this work. I’m currently doing a small freelance job for 2D FX (which is awesome), but am looking for more work and inspiration.

I’m really looking forward to meeting great people here and seeing all the amazing work people do!

7 Likes

Hi I’m Helmar,

Hooray for a site devoted to real time f/x.

I design destruction f/x software. I originally wrote Blast Code, a maya plugin used in the VFX industry. I’m currently in the process of redesigning it for real time interactive destruction f/x.

In short, I spend a lot of time blowing shit up.

Cheers,
H

8 Likes

Ahoy, my name is Ilari and the sudden appearance of this site just made me a ridiculously happy camper.

In the industry since 2001, of which effects somethingsomething like 6 years-ish… 3D before that. Last five years flew by at Ubisoft RedLynx, and now I’m causing merry destruction freelance, poking around in different engines.

I’ve been always gnashing my teeth over lack of proper community place for VFX artists in games. Hooray indeed!

5 Likes

My name is Geoff Rich, I’m looking forward to what this site brings out of such a diverse group of VFX creators!

These days I work for Pipeworks Studio as an Art Lead, though I was originally hired as the studio’s VFX Artist, where we just released Prominence Poker on PC, XOne and PS4. I still do the VFX work when time allows and on projects I lead. I got into real time VFX starting in 2007 as a contractor at Liquid Development, where I got to create VFX for Borderlands, Damnation, Night at the Museum: Battle for the Smithsonian and a whole slew of other titles.

4 Likes

Hey y’all!

I’m Anaelisa, Tech Artist/FX artist for Boss Fight Entertainment mostly working in Unity 3D. I’m relatively new to the gaming industry, made the switch 2 years ago after finishing my MA in VFX at SCAD. Before that I worked for 5 years as a 3D generalist for TV commercials and short films. For now I’m trying to learn more about shaders, and have fun with Houdini on the side.

6 Likes

Hello Everyone,
Already a great community here. :slight_smile:
If I haven’t met some of you, I’ve heard about you or we graduated from the same school.

I’m Bil, 16 years veteran from Film to games with traditional animation background. After Dreamworks, EALA, Monolith and 343, I recently started working at studio Wildcard and trying to bring the vfx quality bar higher.
heavy houdini user, Unreal Lover and overall macgyver.

I really hope we can create a good knowledge bank here and try to overcome the proprietary vs Unity vs Unreal issue. Would be nice if we could also get some Graphic/physics Engineers to join and listen.

4 Likes

I’m dj. David Johnson over the in the facebook group. I’m one of the Lead Visual Effects Artists at Infinity Ward, currently wrapping up Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.

8 Likes

Hey everyone! It’s super awesome to see our community get such a great website where we can communicate and learn from each other!:grin:

I’m André Bragason, and I’m a Senior FX Artist on EVE online at CCP Games. I started out as a 3d artist on eve online in Iceland, then did a couple years as an environment artist on a cancelled project in Atlanta GA (World of Darkness), then I moved back to Iceland and started basically doing all of the VFX for EVE Online in Reykjavik, so realtime vfx is basically what I’ve been doing for the past 3 years, and I love it. The responsiveness of just hooking up curves/animations to things in creative ways is just so rewarding, and not having to wait for things to render haha (well most of the time), I’ve been having to do a bit more of that lately :).

I keep an informal blog at www.AndreBragason.com
Looking forward to seeing some amazing stuff on a regular basis on this site!

5 Likes

Hey everyone I’m Joseph Joyal.

@Keith is actually the reason I am a VFX Artist after coming to talk at Full Sail while I was a student. I have been a VFX Artist since graduating from Full Sail at the end of 2010 and have worked for EA Tiburon, Junction Point, Trendy Ent. and currently work at Gearbox Software.

I’m looking forward to see where this community goes!

6 Likes

Wassup VFX council!

Thanks a lot for this website @Keith and @Keyserito, hehe gotta practice tagging in someway ^^

I’m currently Associate vfx artist at Warner Bros. Games Montreal for a little bit more than a year now. Got great timing when I got out of school which is Centre NAD in montreal. As a student I learned realtime vfx mostly from ImbueFX.

Always trying to get better in timing and to apply the principles of animation.
Material addict, I just started learning GLSL from this wonderful page: Shader - Shadertoy BETA

Cheers!

-Alex

6 Likes

Hi Guys,

A little about myself. I currently work for Warner Brothers in San Francisco as a principal Visual Effects Artist.
I am responsible for the creation of all types of VFX either Real Time or Pre-rendered
Write Python/Mel scripts for fast iteration and productivity during development cycles
Paints texture using Photoshop and or generate texture maps for VFX through multiple 3D programs
Set up multiple VFX events through scripting internal tools
Generates VFX sequence for Real Time inside After Effects
Mentor peers and oversees game specific effects for the project
Work closely with engineers to prototype and implement next-gen tools for mobile

3 Likes