PROJECT: Annie (League Fan-Art)

Hmm, I still have issues. If the particle system sits in the center of the mesh, it won’t show through (even with high order in layer).

I’ve even tried Sorting Layer and Layer (top right corner) and it still wont sort the particles on top of the mesh. The mesh is set to Default: 0 for the Layer and there’s no sorting/order for meshes.

It’s still a depth issue it seems. Are you not having this problem?

Ah aye yes the default shader will zwrite - I think you need diffuse shader but set zwrite off - gonna play around with that idea for a minute

yeh ok just open Shader forge and do something like simple lit, just check the blending tab and off click ‘auto-sort’ and the depth buffer

2 Likes

Hmm, still not working for me :frowning:

Turning off auto-sort causes the mesh to become semi-transparent (no back-face culling) and it still wont render the particles on top. I swear I always have issues haha.

I’ve tried all the settings and the shader settings and it still won’t work. Not sure what the heck is up with my version.

Also** Did you mean use those settings for a particle mesh or for a regular mesh? I have an animated mesh and a static one that aren’t instanced with shuriken (I noticed the image was a particle mesh).

I just threw on a default static cube, animated 3d object will transmit through since without depth it renders back to front, geo renders the reverse; yah I should have known better. you’ve again exhausted my abilities

sorting layers might work i just don’t have the programming chops to follow along
https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/drawing-order-of-meshes-and-sprites.212006/

git - UnityToolbag/SortingLayer at main · kellygravelyn/UnityToolbag · GitHub

Well I can hack this together using two cam’s at least - but you get particles on top no matter what, this is going to look bad if you need a hula hoop effect… is that ok?

so you duplicate cam
place the FX on ‘transparentFX’ layer
one cam is

then the other

and keep all the geo to default layer

you get hard layering

@Torbach Ah, I see. I’m not technical either haha. I ended up just faking the angle since there were too many complications. Fortunately the camera angle is fixed in this case, so I’ll have to figure it out in the future.

Hey Folks,

I went ahead and made the Final Video that includes audio. If there’s no more feedback, I’ll be moving to my next project (I can always come back and edit like I did with my previous Blood Moon project). Wooh!

https://youtu.be/VZzGO7ZKeeQ

4 Likes