Official VFX Sketch #2: Portal / Wisp

Welcome to the second Official VFX Sketch! This time around we’re trying something a little different… Options!

The Challenge (Pick either A or B and create an effect based off of it):

A. Portal to another realm

B. Will-o’-wisp

Submitting: Create a new topic in the “Events > VFXSKetch: Portal/Wisp” category with your name in the title and the sketch number (e.g.: “Susie Stevens: Sketch #2 WIP”, and post your work! This includes any work in progress you may want to show as well as your final result. Final entries should be posted through either Vimeo or YouTube.

Timeline: One month (Dec. 1st - Dec. 31st 11:59 pm PT)

Scoring and Winners: Sketch badges will be awarded to all participants, however, this time around we’re doing something a little different. Points will be earned based on the amount of likes your topic receives (hint: show your work in progress ;))

1st Place (most likes and buzz): 1st place VFX Sketch badge
2nd Place (second most likes and buzz): 2nd place VFX Sketch badge
All Participants (put forth a visible worthy effort): participation badge

"Voting": To vote for your favorite entries, all you have to do is drop some love by clicking the like button on any of the owners posts within their topic during the course of the month. This is not the only factor in determining the winners but it is heavily influential in the final results.

As always, if you have any question feel free to ask below!

Good luck and have fun!

15 Likes

I’ve created an example post here. This is where I can post my research/references, work in progress and final entry.

1 Like

I promised myself I would join the next VFX sketch. So count me in, gonna spend some time fixing other work before jumping in

My first impulse is to go for the Will-o’-wisp

4 Likes

Sweet, can’t wait to get this started. Probably try the Will 'o wisp seeing as how I just did a portal project before

2 Likes

Oh cool, this time I really want to get something done!!
Can’t decide yet which one…

2 Likes

Yes! Going to be good! :smiley: :smiley: Entering!

2 Likes

Oh, making a portal? Count me in!

2 Likes

Neat! will try to jump on this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely down for this!

2 Likes

this is going to be epic! I’m in !

1 Like

Been mostly coding and rigging for the past year, I’m in!

1 Like

Hey all! There’s been some really amazing work this month so be sure to check out all the awesome entries from your fellow VFX’ers and leave a vote by liking any of their posts within their topic. We’re excited to declare the winners and announce our 3rd official sketch next year on the first! Until then…

:tada: Happy New Year!!! :fireworks:

1 Like