VFX Growth Journal

Hi everyone. After trying my hands at various aspects of 3D, a few weeks ago, I decided to focus on real-time VFX specifically because that is what I enjoy most.

I am very new at this, however, I have some knowledge of Unreal’s Niagara particle system and its material editor.

I decided to create this topic to hold myself accountable and to keep track of my progress. I would appreciate any and all feedback because I believe this is one of the best ways to grow as an artist.

PS: I have done one or two effects recently and will be posting them here. I also participated in the recent ArtStation Dragon’s Age Challenge. Lastly, some of my first few posts here would be based on what I learn from tutorials while adding my own personal touches to them.

Thanks for taking the time to read through and have a wonderful day.

4 Likes

Hi there. My first completed vfx; created following a tutorial. However, I did create the rune texture in photoshop and set up a shader to distort or wiggle it.

Some feedback would be appreciated.

Powerup VFX front

Powerup VFX side

Powerup VFX top

Hi and welcome to the community! The first effect you posted is awesome, looking forward to seeing more in the future. If you have any questions, or ever need feedback on something you’re working on, we’re all here to help so reach out any time!

1 Like

Looks amazing, and it’s also giving me ideas for vfx to attempt myself, so thank you!

1 Like

Thank you. Looking forward to them.

1 Like