Hello everybody! I’m a student studying 3D design, animation and game design at Noroff in Norway.
I recently discovered that I want to work professionally with real time VFX. My dream is to get a job as a junior artist at Beyond FX.
I’m currently half way through my 10 week exam project, working on making effects in UE4.
This is my progress so far on my project:
Most of these are still work in progress. Here are some fixes I will be making:
- The crow projectile, cuckoo bird attack, and the crystal attack need some tweaking on the timing on the animations.
- The crow projectile is hard to see and need more contrast suronding the crow.
- The cuckoo bird attack need fixing on some weird scaling.
- I’m not sure about the blood effect on the rose attack.
- Rose and fish needs textures.
- Fire smoke should be darker.
- The normal maps on the screen raindrop particles bearly seem to do anything. They may need a new normal map.
- The underwater post process might need some fog.
- The fish are not meant to be seen from under the water.
- The auroras need a new texture and stronger vertex displacement animation. They also need their own separate mesh to not look too alike.
- I’m not sure about the smoke sprites surrounding the nuke. It might be better to use meshes to make them feel like they belong together.