Slate Editor - 1.75 Update & Free for individuals!

Amazing app ! i want the full version too ! Unavailable :sob:

This looks really cool! Canā€™t wait to get an opportunity to use it!

Hey Alex,
Any idea on when the installer issues will be resolved and the Slate Editor will be available for purchase?

Cheers,
Greg

2 Likes

Howdy Alex, Iā€™m got a new pc and I wanted to download it again but the site it not available. Any idea when its going to be back up?

1 Like

tonight! (or in a few hours for the US)
(i really hope nothing else comes up)

1 Like

RIght on!
Thanks Alex. Take care!

Fred

thanks, Iā€™m trying!
All done!
https://www.facedownfx.com/

2 Likes

Alex
Thanks! Awesome!

Free for personal, educational, and freelance use. That last bit is interesting, Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve seen software stipulate freelance as being free before!

1 Like

Thatā€™s a really cool thing to do. I think at the end of the day this is an optimal strategy for where the product is in the market. Houdini should do the same thing, but they have a far higher risk of piracy.

nice! canā€™t wait to check this out. also thanks for making it free for educational and freelance use - really great work!

First of all - thanks for sharing that! :slight_smile:
Slate Editor works great with ā€œNew from folderā€, nice and easy. But unfortunately if i use ā€œNew from imageā€ he crash. No any error messages, just nothig happened and windows just stop working i.e. im losing possibilities to close program, or open task manager, only hard reset.
Is that just me so lucky? :frowning:

Shoot me a PM and we can walk through it! Does the same happen if you just drag and drop that single image in to the window?

(Itā€™s also highly likely thereā€™s something on my end. Iā€™ve tested this path pretty consistently as part of the file handling system but thereā€™s always dangling things)

That look like im unable to use PM cause im new user, so thereā€™s some restrictions because of that.

Back from reset: Yeap, dragā€™nā€™drop single image also will crash windows.

Ok, I sent you a message. I imagine that should work (?)

Thanks Alex Right on!

hey @alex.underhill I have a bug for You. Almost always when i am trying to create Optical Flow, it works perfectly with preview but when i pressed ā€œGenerate Allā€ it generates only base 127,127,0 colored sheet.
To make it works i must changed ā€œStorage Presetā€ from Default to something else (eg. Legacy + Maginitude), generate, and then back to default and generate again.

1 Like

Are there still plans to get documentation pages up for Slate?

1 Like

yup, I am aiming to get up some docs soon on a git page

hey @alex.underhill the motion vector maps out of Slate are absolutely stunning. After ironing out some AE workflow issues on my end and figuring out the Devolver tool better, everything snapped into place - Explosions for Games: Vol II - Optical Flow Improvements on Vimeo - thanks again for this great software :slight_smile:

1 Like