Shr1mpsy: Sketch #18 - Hologram

Final Update.

shr1mpsy_hologram3

I futher tweaked everything a bit and added more symbols and details.
Here are some references from Horizon Zero Dawn.

shr1mpsy_hologram4

shr1mpsy_hologram5

As you can see my version is a bit diffrent. Creating the hologram was challenging for me because I haven’t much experience with shaders. I learned many new tricks during this challenge. It was fun! Big thanks for the help in Discord <3

Hey everyone!

I want to create a hologram display inspired by Horizon Zero Dawn. In my last sketch challenge, I said that I have to start earlier next time,… it didn’t worked out as planned xD
Anyway, here I am, jumping on the sketch challenge again. Better late, then never :smiley:

My very rough blockout with placeholders and stuff.

Road Map: Pretty much everything. Shaders and many textures, whoohooo.
Any critique and advices are very welcome :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Looks like a great start! Are you planning to animate it?

1 Like

That would be cool … I hope so. :slight_smile:

Some small update I’ve been working on the last days. I made some flipbook textures with numbers and symbols.

hologram_shr1mpsy2

Reference from Horizon Zero Dawn

example_shr1mpsy

Not much of progress to show, only small details with a WIP shader. Mostly I’m spending my time figuring out building the glitch shader. It’s not looking the way I want. So, this is me atm:

idontknow

Hopefully I can spend more time on the challenge this weekend. I will try my best :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Try to look into how you can manipulate UV coordinates with textures. This should open the doors to glitches in your holograph.

1 Like

Oh yeah! Thanks for the tip, I will look into that. :smiley:

1 Like

Current update.

shr1mpsy_hologram4

Deadline is getting really close now! :slight_smile: I’ve been working on creating textures and shaders mostly. There is so much happening in the Horizon Zero Dawn hologram display. I have really underestimated how many details it has. From now on it’s time for more tweaking and polishing as much as possible. There isn’t much time left, but I’ll try my best. Any help is very much appreciated.

1 Like

Final Update.

shr1mpsy_hologram3

I futher tweaked everything a bit and added more symbols and details.
Here are some references from Horizon Zero Dawn.

shr1mpsy_hologram4

shr1mpsy_hologram5

As you can see my version is a bit diffrent. Creating the hologram was challenging for me because I haven’t much experience with shaders. I learned many new tricks during this challenge. It was fun! Big thanks for the help in Discord <3

15 Likes