Setting up an Unity scene LOL-like

Hi there! I’m struggling a lot while I try to set up a scene like league of legends to cast and show my vfxs. I’ve searched through the internet, followed different tutorials, but as I am 99% noob with programming, I really can’t do it. (I just want to achieve: right click to move, camera panning, press button to cast skill on the target/cursor)

Anyone has some advice or sources to help me?

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi dude,

think this tutorial from @GabrielAguiar is good for you he show you how to cast a projectile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xenW67bXTgM&t=986s

For the mouvement to your click or the camera panning i don’t think you really need it, a lot of time when you see someone show his League of legends VFX it’s just a camera setup to looks like LoL and a plane with a screen of the game you don’t need more i think.

But if you want try to search for “Unity RTS Control” etc

3 Likes

Hey, when I worked on my Mecha Kingdom Poppy the background was just a plane with a texture and I did everything with the unity timeline to have rough animations but I’m pretty sure there’s a lot of ways more clean than the one I picked. xD
I know @sleepyGrin used the game animations for his Star Guardian Ornn, maybe he can give you some insight on how he did it.
Have a great day :smiley:

1 Like

Hi!
So my technique was I got the LoL map from sketchfab and had to rip the in-game models and animations using obscure software, then brought them in 3ds max to convert them to Unity-readable FBXs. It was kind of a long process, maybe the plane technique is way faster haha.
Concerning @Zemasu question, right click to move could be done in Unity with NavMesh agents, check this out, it should be really easy.

2 Likes

Thank you all guys! let’s see what can I made :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t wait to see \o/