Personal Work Demo Reel 2019 - Antonio Gil (Critique Welcome)

Hello! My name’s Antonio, I’ve been lurking this site for a few months and learning lots from it. I just recently finished up my first fully Realtime VFX oriented demo reel, and I wanted to share some of the stuff I’ve made with you. Any comments and critiques are greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Edit: embed link didn’t work :sweat_smile:

the environment at the end of the vid looks great, and you could spend more time panning around that scene. the wind swirling around the towers is a nice touch.

the text and logos were kinda distracting, I would move away from that as much as possible. if you were responsible for everything for that effect you don’t need text, that will just be assumed. The logos of the software used can just be shown once at the beginning or end of the video.

The water orb is kinda odd, I can’t picture an attack or any scenario that would make water behave like that. It could just be me not recognizing it. btw, you could grab bits of that effect and make some waterfalls for your desert oasis.

Can do! I’ve gotten some additional feedback from some other people so I’ll make sure to update the video as soon as I can. Hopefully I’ll know how to get the video to embed by then.