Making shaders with Shader Graph for mobile?

Hi! This is my first post in this community and I don’t know if I’m posting this in the right place, sorry if I’m doing it wrong.

My question is, is there something to consider when doing shaders for a mobile game with shader graph? I’m a beginner with VFX and I have no idea if I’m doing well.

of course you can, I nearly finish a mobile game using a lot of shader by using shader graph. But you must use shader graph if you really needed. Consider between shader for mobile and shader graph.
p/s don’t mind my bad English. ^^

2 Likes

There is nothing specific to shader graph per say, you should however consider the usual mobile shader limitations.
Generally for mobile performance: math is usually good, textures are usually bad.
Can’t summarize all the different nyances of limitations here in a post for you, I however has a suggestion: go nuts until it cause performance issues (and make sure to test your shader on devices!) and then optimize

1 Like

Ok thank you! I’m using shader graph because for now writing shaders in CG is very hard, so it helps me a lot.
Don’t worry about the English, I’m Spanish and my English isn’t the best neither :sweat_smile:

Thank you! I didn’t know that limitations, so it will help me a lot. I’ll take your suggestion and try until it gets better.

Use default Lightweight Render Pipeline shaders as much as possible, limit your usage of Lit shaders and only create custom shaders when you really need them. If you haven’t already, consider draw calls and use texture atlases to reduce the number of separate textures. Also be wary of texture size. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask! I have several years of mobile game development experience as an FX artist.

(Me puedes mandar mensaje privado en español si te apetece!)

2 Likes