HJ Park Personal VFX work

Now New work is posted below! #this image is for Thumnail Update

Hello everyone :slight_smile: This is my first time uploading my personal work here!
I will post personal works to keep it online and to communicate with people sometimes.

https://youtu.be/bTS1GwRP-zc

It’s not finished yet, I’m planning to keep developing it.
Any comments would be welcome!

33 Likes

Nice timing, plus I really like that charge shockwave both on the floor and on the sword.

Are those “splashes” on the ground the AoE indicators? If so, I’d try to define the edges a bit.

Great job!

Thanks!
I didn’t specifically intend the splashes to look like Aoe indicators, but it seems like a good point to consider the design. :smile:

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

https://youtu.be/7gwhMsOca_0

Second one Ver2!

22 Likes

Can you please break down and explain how you made these please <3

2 Likes

It’s actually made of very many emitters and simple UV panning and tiling, so It’s pretty heavy and not complicated (also not suitable for real-time rendering in real games) :joy: . So I feel like it’s not so sophisticated as to break down. But I’m willing to explain some simple UV techniques, so I’ll prepare them when I have time! Thank you :laughing:

4 Likes

I’m mostly interested in knowing what textures you used the details are really nice :100:

2 Likes

Hey, awesome effects! I like them really much!
Can you share some wisdom about your sparks emitters? I like how they are looks like, but I can’t get an idea how you made them glow that way. As I can see, they are emit glow from the tip, while tail of them are not emitting glow. Here is a pictures of what I’m talking about

That round glow looks so nice but not affected by the tail of the sparks. So, how your sparks was made? Are glow part is separate emitter, attached to the sparks? Or you coloring your particles in some unique way?

Thank you! That glow material is simply made by [Texture * particle colors].
the Texture is simple elongated circle, But I gave more glow to upper part of it.
Also, I used [Pivot Offset] and [Size By Life] Modules on cascade, so It affected the looks of particle.
And I gave very high color to it, like its Initial color is (6,1,0.5)(It’s approximate cause I can’t check it now) but also its color scale changes x0.5~x10 during its lifetime. And Finally, I post processed bloom to the level that I worked that effect.

Thanks for the answer! I thought there might be some dark magic there, but as always, best things is the easiest things, lol!

1 Like

Can you show the textures you used? how did you make them? :slight_smile: amazing work!

1 Like

Nice work!:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Amazing job! Keep it going :muscle:

1 Like