An AAA game studios is looking for a Lead VFX Artist to join our team in developing AAA games for PC and next-gen console systems. The ideal candidate will have experience creating real time visual effects, a creative eye, and a passion for gaming.
- Work closely with Art Direction to establish artistic style and ensure consistent look across the game.
- Collaborate with the entire Creative Team and Engineers to create visual effects that support gameplay systems.
- Provide mentorship, feedback, and training to VFX artists on the team
- Create pre-visualization concepts by any means necessary to drive visual direction
- Handle all aspects of the VFX pipeline, which includes creating content from concept to final polished result
- Assist in the constant improvement and stability of VFX tools and pipeline
- Work with Tech Art and Graphics Programmers to ensure VFX assets are optimized and run efficiently while maintaining visual quality
- Experience with real-time VFX authoring tools
- Proficiency with Maya for creating 3D assets
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop and After Effects
- Knowledge of fluid dynamics simulation software, such as Houdini and FumeFX, is a plus
- Good eye for timing and motion in relation to real world physical behaviors
- Understanding of VFX asset costs and impact on console performance
- 7+ years of experience in VFX Art Production and 1 or more AAA shipped game titles
- Experience as VFX Art Lead where you helped oversee the quality, scheduling, and implementation of VFX a plus
- Ability to work independently and creatively to solve VFX technical challenges
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Experience with current game engines such as Unreal Engine 4, Unity, or CryEngine
- Demo reel required
Email email@example.com if interested