Glu is looking for talents to hire Senior VFX Artist Role.
The Senior VFX Artist will collaborate closely with the Art Director to define the vision and produce mind-blowing in-game visual effects including VFX art and animation for a new game world.
- Create high-quality VFX art and animation on par with top mobile games around the world.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to create beautiful assets without comprising performance
- Assist in planning the asset production schedule, VFX pipeline, and workflow
- Contribute to the creative process through original ideas and inspiration
- Communicate closely with art, production, and design to execute the game vision
- Deliver against time, budget, quality, and technical constraints
- Drive continual improvements to our art standards, practices, and tools and document it
- 6+ years of game development experience as a VFX artist specializing in VFX art and animation using, Maya, After Effects (or other compositing software), and Unity
- Experience in creating high-quality VFX art and animation for character, environment, and props
- Deep knowledge of 3D particle systems (Maya and Unity) and 2D particle systems to support them in After Effects or other 2D animation software
- Experience in integrating and implementing VFX animations from Maya into Unity is a major plus
- Experience in creating VFX shaders in Unity, including animated UVs, transparency and advanced materials and shaders for a wide range of effects
- Should have strong artistic skills - color theory, lighting, shape, depth of field, composition, movement, etc
- Understanding of optimization and technical constraints on VFX creation
- Knowledge of the pre-production process for high-end game development
- Able to deliver constructive feedback, accept criticism, perform and adapt quickly in a creative, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with rendered game cinematics VFX is a plus
- Experience with the creation of VFX related tools is a plus
- Experience working as a Tech Artist is a plus
- Must have a passion for games and game art
- A demo reel with examples of VFX animation is required with your application.