We are currently looking for an FX artist to join the wonderful team in Canada. The opening is for long-term and full-time employment.
The Game studio builds its own projects and makes games they want to play and are passionate about. Everyone in the studio has creative input on the game, no one is just a cog in the machine.
- The company is based in the nicest game development hub in the world, Quebec City!
- They shipped three games, and they’ve got two in development at the moment
- They currently have 26 employees and they intend to grow slowly and organically
You will be working in a crunch-free environment in which everyone on the team has a noticeable impact on ambitious games. To make it work, however, the company needs people who are:
exceptionally autonomous: you show a good sense of initiative, are unlikely to feel crushed if you don’t receive constant guidance, don’t need to be micromanaged, and can easily take responsibility for the result of your work as part of a greater whole;
versatile: you can do a variety of tasks and don’t expect to work exclusively in one specific tool or to produce one specific set of tasks. Showing curiosity, and a willingness to learn new processes, new tools, and new styles is a good hint of versatility;
disciplined: you have a strong work ethic in terms of punctuality, consistency of work quality, and seriousness towards your responsibility. You don’t see working in games as a game in itself and want to work in an optimized and efficient way rather than relying on chaos and mood swings. You focus on the work rather than drama, on how to create value for your employer rather than extract value from them.
We are using the Unity engine for our current projects but could change to a different engine in the future. Professional experience is a plus but is not a requirement. The FX artist will be working on two projects.
- 3 years of study in the field
- Experience and knowledge of the Unity VFX system
- Ability to produce your own textures
- Fluency in English
- Good knowledge of French
Will be a plus:
- Experience in Unity
- Excellent care for optimization of FX in terms of performance and required knowledge
- Zero Crunch policy
- Competitive salary
- Insurance (dental insurance included)
- Floating days off
- Relocation package: the company helping with the apartment/house (to find one) and a bonus of 8000 $ CAN (or more if it’s a family)
We’re looking for talent and personality first, but we’re not afraid to pay the difference if you also have years of experience.
Don’t hesitate to apply with your resume and portfolio!
Contact - Telegram: Contact @alexey_romanyuk