CakePie's (Obligatory) Sketchbook

Since I’m lazy and don’t want to create another topic every time I post, I figured I would follow the trend of having a Sketchbook. Feel free to express your thoughts or critiques at any time! I would love to hear them!

So to start it off, a small plasma bolt projectile inspired by one of my most guilty pleasures, Lost Planet 2!
I used a mixture of hand painted textures and houdini for the electricity. So far, I’m quite happy with the effect.

My only concern is that the texture that flashes on the impact stands out as different, but that’s what I get for yoinking a texture tailored for a completely different effect. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

A scrapped Energy Ball effect.
I saw that a lot of people were doing energy/lightning/plasma balls of their own, so I figured I would give it a try.

Idle-

Mature Detonation-

Premature Detonation-

My reason for scrapping it was just that I worked on it off and on for close to a month because I had very little time to actually work ON it due to being busy with IRL stuff. I ended up spending more time thinking about it then working on it, thus leading to a complete loss of motivation for it. I also had discovered a lot of other cool things I wanted to try by the end of the month, so this kinda just fell by the wayside.