Amazon Games is looking for VFX Artists to join our New World team in Sunny Irvine, CA!!
The VFX Artist implements video game special effects in accordance with a project’s artistic direction and production deadlines. The ideal candidate should have strong artistic skills, and an understanding of the technical constraints on the target platforms. You have a knack for transforming ideas into fluid animations and rich effects. A high degree of familiarity with industry standard tools is desired, and a great portfolio is preferred!
· Professional experience with at least 1 shipped AAA title or equivalent work in a related field.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Art or equivalent experience in related field
· Online Portfolio demonstrating ability to create VFX and implement for real-time game engine.
· High level communication skills to collaborate with artists, designers, programmers, and QA.
· Experience using game engines (Unity, Unreal Engine, CryEngine)
· Experience with 3D software (Autodesk, Blender, SketchUp, ZBrush)
· Experience with animation software (Adobe After Effects, Maya/Max, Blender, DigiCel FlipBook, Toon Boom)
· Experience using image manipulation software (Adobe Photoshop, GIMP)
· Experience with Lumberyard, PopcornFX, Cascade/Niagara, or Unity’s Particle Editor
· Experience with Houdini (Fire and smoke sims)
· Ability to concept/storyboard VFX ideas
· Ability to create flipbook texture sequences
· Demonstrate basic understanding color theory, lighting, modeling and UV texturing of a 3D object.
· Ability to interpret and transform abstract ideas into compelling effects
· Ability to accept feedback and implement suggestions
· Experience and knowledge of animation principles
· A high level of comfort with scripting tools
Come join us: